8 Minimalist Wardrobe Essentials Every Girl Should Own

by - 1:57:00 PM

Minimalist Wardrobe Essentials

To have a clean and well-built closet, I always apply the 70-30 rule. 70% of my clothes are classic, timeless pieces, while the other 30% is made of ongoing trends that will probably be out of fashion the coming year. Sticking to this rule is the best way to get full advantage of what you already own and minimize unnecessary spending when going shopping.

This 70% is made of key pieces we all should have in our closets regardless our body shape, style, and budget. The way I see it, if you spend $60 on a beautiful bright full skirt, the chances of you wearing it with completely different looks goes to 4 or 5 times, maybe. Meaning the skirt would have cost you $15 per use. If on the other hand, you spend $60 on a pair of jeans or black pumps, the number drastically changes. You can wear them over 30 times, meaning they would have cost you less than $2 per use. That's the real price you need to focus on.

So, before we get to the essentials, open your closet and take a look. Take out your current 5 favorite pieces. Now, take out 5 of the pieces you've worn the most in the last 3 months. If more than one piece falls into both categories, you've got a smart closet! If not, it's not a big deal, but keep those favorites in mind and use them more often to avoid splurging the wrong way.

The following are the minimalist wardrobe essentials we all need in our closets to make countless looks and never look the same. Learn the art of mixing and matching with the 8 pieces, and I guarantee you won't have the need to go shopping every month.

A classic pair of jeans. With a really well-fitting, figure-flattering pair of the classic blue jeans, your wardrobe is limitless.

A t-shirt. Plain, striped, logo'ed. Any casual -and even formal- look will be on point when accessorizing it right.

A white button-up. It's the perfect foundation for good layering during cold seasons. Or just the it piece for any time of the year.

Black heels. Whether it's a pair of sandals, pumps, booties, or anything in between, it's a must on every girl's closet.

Nude flats. This is the best go-to for those hard-to-match prints and colors that don't go as smoothly with black.

Sneakers. They're a more laid-back alternative and can be incredibly versatile.

A fitted blazer. For anything work-related, this is my personal must. Dress to impress!

A knit cardigan. Adding a top layer to a rather basic foundation does all the magic.

All products shown can be found at newlook.com.

You May Also Like

3 responses